Currin’s Nursery is a small, family owned wholesale (to the trade) nursery in Willow Spring, NC looking for a horticultural sales and marketing representative. This person will perform inside and outside sales along with marketing available plants. The position will be offered full-time (40+ hours a week) during the months of March, April, May, June, September, October, and November. The remaining months will be part-time (25+ hours per week) with a flexible schedule and the option to continue work in a field position during those months.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Assist customers via phone, email, or fax
· Coordinate logistics for orders and deliveries
· Greet customers in office and complete sale
· During the summer and winter months, travel to customers for face to face sales may be required
· During the summer and winter months, field work may be required
· Light administrative and accounting duties (invoicing, sales reports, etc)
· Work as a team to complete inventory and provide insight for production team
· Attend trade shows and other events to network with potential customers and other industry representatives
Qualifications and Skills
· 2 or 4 year degree in Horticulture and / or Sales & Marketing and / or Communications preferred.
· Outgoing personality
· Highly motivated
· Quick to learn about plants and customers
· Eager and willing to learn something new every day
· A love of the outdoors
· Knowledge of woody ornamental shrubs and trees a plus. Field training is available.
· Knowledge of basic accounting using Quickbooks software a plus. Training available.
· Experience working in a nursery setting
· Experience working in a sales or marketing capacity
· Ability to be flexible and self-reliant
· Ability to work well with production team and managers
· Pay is based on prior experience.
To submit your resume and 3 professional references, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.